- Magnesium die-cast alloy frame in a lightweight, compact and rugged design.
- High quality picture via improved circuitry, including improved Y/C separator.
- Special record/playback circuitry for Sony SP tapes.
- Video confidence heads for simultaneous playback during recording.
- Full colour playback without need for external equipment.
- Sendhurst head and Dolby C noise reduction for improved signal-to-noise ratio.
- Auto/manual record level controls.
- Independent (manual) level controls for 2 audio inputs, each with line/mic and impedance selector switch.
- Jack socket for monitoring either or both audio channels.
- Automatic backspace editing for clean transitions in sequential recording.
- Rapid edit point/segment location at +-10 normal speed.
- Comprehensive status/malfunction indicators via LED's in machine and camera viewfinder, plus audible earphone alarm.
- Works with (and controllable from) Sony ENG/EPP cameras. Viewfinder playback possible.
- Optional built-in time code generator BKU-150 shows time code or time tape.
- Can be connected to time base corrector for broadcast quality playback.