- High picture quality through improved circuitry with better Y/C separator, chroma enhancer and noise cancellation.
- TBC connectible for broadcast quality pictures.
- Sendhurst audio heads and Dolby C noise reduction for higher signal-to-noise ratio.
- 2 audio channels for independent recording and/or mixing to one channel.
- Monitor output for separation of audio channels on playback.
- Independent record/playback level controls for each channel, with switchable limiter circuits.
- Comprehensive facilities built in for assemble and insert editing without and external edit controller.
- Bidirex search: colour pictures upto +-10 times normal speed, mono up to +-40 times normal, plus jog mode for field-by-field search.
- Optional plug-in EBU time code generator/reader available.
- RS-422 serial interface for flexible integration with editing and remote control systems.
- 36-pin parallel interface allows VTR to link with equipment support parallel control systems.
- Dub in/out connectors for editing/duplication with minimum picture loss.
- Removable control panel usable remotely (upto 10m) via optional BK-802 40-pin flat cable.
- Control panel can be tilted 90° for operational convenience.
- 19" rack mountable (6 units high) with optional BK-805 rack mount kit.