- FM Carrier frequency of 5.6MHz-7.2MHz (0.8MHz up on normal highband) in the SP mode allows more luminance/chromance bandwidth for high quality.
- Luminance resolution improved to 300 lines for clear, vivid and highly detailed playback.
- Fully compatible with U-matics in luminance signal deviation (1.6MHz) and chroma sub-carrier frequence (924 kHz).
- Can play standard/high band and SP tapes, with built-in auto-detection of system and Dolby in/out detection when using Sony KSP tapes.
- State-of-the art circuitary includes new noise canceller and CCD-based drop-out compensator for improved resolution and reduced luminance/chromance ringing.
- Dolby C noise reduction improves audio signal-to-noise ratio to better than 70dB.
- Sendhurst head and playback circuits improve audio frequency response and raise non-Dolby signal-to-noise ratio to better than 52dB in SP mode.
- XLR balanced audio connectors for extended signal transmission and direct connection to professional audio products.
- Frame code capability facilitates sophisticated programming functions, bringing new precision to auto search/repeat and random access.
- RS-232C connection through optional BKU-701 Computer Interface Board allows operation from external computer or RX707 auto search control unit.
- 33-pin parallel interface for remote control of basic VTR functions through RM-500 and RM-580 options.
- DUB OUT connector for high quality picture playback/duplication minimises generation loss in all 3 modes.
- Real time counter gives LED display of tape running time to +-99min 59sec, or frame code display when BKU-701 is fitted.
- External Sync/TBC functions for smooth multiple VTR playback.
- Quick-start from pause to playback within 0.5sec when TBC switched on, facilitates sequential playback.
- Programmable repeated playback of two segments possible setting in and out points bt CTL or Frame Code.
- Works with AC on/off timers for unattended automatic start/stop.
- Optional RM-690 simple remote controller can be custom-wired for operation from 5m to 50m distance.
- Bidirectional fast search dial gives pictures from still to 5 times normal speed, and to 8 times normal operation with optional RM-580 remote controller.
- Excellent still picture in pause mode with guard band noise reduction limited to very top and bottom of screen.
- Long pause mode automatically loosens tape aound head after 8 minutes in pause mode, to prevent tape/head damage,
- Digital hour meter indicates head usage by 50-hour stages, to 9,950 hours.
- Built in diagnostics improve serviceability by aiding the detection of faults and defects.
- Optional plug-in RF modulator RFK-660 allows monitoring through ordinary TV receiver.
- Fits 19-inch EIA standard rack with optional RMM-507 rack mount kit, saving space and easing maintenance.
- The VP-9000 is 4 rack units high.