- Improved design makes unit lighter than predecessors.
- FM carrier frequency 0.8MHz up on normal high-band, improves luminance resolution to 300 lines for clear,
detailed colour/monochrome playback.
- Fully compatible with high band U-matics in luminance signal deviation (1.6MHz) and chroma sub-carrier frequence
- Takes low/high band and SP tapes, with built in auto selection of system and Dolby in/out detection when using
Sony KSP tapes.
- Improved video circuitary improves luminance/chrominance ringing performance.
- Dolby C noise reduction improves audio signal-to-noise ratio to 72dB (measured by CCIR/ARM filter, RMS).
- Sendhurst heads and playback circuit improve audio frequency response and raise non-Dolby signal-to-noise ratio to 52dB in SP mode.
- Improved controls for audio/erase/record/playback heads improve audio insert editing accuracy.
- First-ever plug-in time base correction available with optional BKU-903, a full-feature wide
window TBC with seperate remote controller.
- Optional BKU-905 plug-in time code generator/reader permits sophisticated time code editing.
- Dial operated setting and LED/monitor display of codes, diagnostics, preroll and operational data, with built
in character generator.
- Built in 2-machine editing facility with RS-422 remote control interface.
- Bidirectional shuttle/jog options giving quality pictures from STILL to 10 times normal or frame by frame.