- Lightweight, compact design for ease of portability essential for outdoor activities.
- Playback during recording is possible through the camera viewfinder when the camera "return video " button depressed.
- Tape remaining information can be seen through viewfinder of camera with "return video " button depressed.
- During recording with camera, only STOP and EJECT buttons function, reducing risk of accidental interruption of recording.
- Full range of alarms for end-tape, battery condition, humidity, slack tape, etc.
- Intelligent high speed servo system ensures precise transport control of all functions.
- Two video sources, possible by switching the VIDEO IN selector.
- Picture search possible through rewind and fast forward modes.
- Sendhurst audio head allows audio recording with high dynamic range.
- Auto recording level can be controlled manually, or can be fully automatic.
- Recorder will operate with external sync system when a synchronizing signal is connected to the VIDEO IN connector during playback.
- Real time counter with LCD indication in minutes and seconds.
- Audio dubbing allows commentary, music. effects to be added after video recording.
- Can be powered by Sony NP-1 rechargeable battery pack, or optional CMA-8CE camera adaptor for AC power.
- Independent meter for checking battery condition.
- Battery easily inserted and removed without interrupting recording.
- PAUSE operates in record, audio dubbing and playback modes. Still picture obtainable when playback and audio dubbing are paused.
- Playback through conventional TV receiver by using optional RF unit.
- Optional RM-690 remote control unit allows basic function upto 50m distance.
- Supplied protective carrying case facilitates operation without opening the case.